In the past two months, our personal lives, community and work have shifted due to the presence of a global pandemic. The tension caused by the pandemic has demanded that Codes Enforcement professionals respond to the immediate threats while also beginning to rethink their procedures for the post-pandemic time. For many the tension has resulted in creative Codes Enforcement practices that will increase efficiency and effectiveness for years to come.
Maintenance of health and safety codes is fundamental to the conservation and growth of thriving communities. COVID-19 has presented unique challenges for Codes Enforcement professionals as they work to maintain standards while protecting themselves and the citizens they serve. Here at MyGov we understand the current situation feels chaotic, and you need to solve things quickly. In this blog we lay out the problems you could be facing and a plan to move forward by pivoting your current strategy to take control of the situation.
Below are a few of the common problems we have found local government leaders are trying to resolve as it relates to Codes Enforcement:
- You need to receive citizen requests, but you have no online option.
- You need to receive phone complaints, but you have no online request system.
- You need to auto-respond to citizens’ requests online but cannot.
- You need to inspect potential violations but cannot assign them remotely.
- You need to interact with colleagues, but there is no common remote platform.
- You need to generate and store documents but cannot do so securely.
- You need to obtain, store, distribute and review case details online but cannot.
- You need to perform inspections online but cannot.
- You need to assign abatement work orders online but cannot.
- You need to publish case reports to a public portal, but there is no reporting system.
- You need to provide a location activity lookup to the public but cannot.
These challenges are significant, but they are not too great to overcome. MyGov has been helping hundreds of agencies over the past twenty years with cloud-based software to operate their code enforcement departments entirely online and remotely. For many of our clients, COVID-19 represented minimal disruption in business as they have been working fully online for years. Because of our experience with helping other agencies, we have developed a system to help any Code Enforcement Department build a plan for working during COVID-19 and beyond. We are here to help you implement an online Code Enforcement Department in only one week. In one week we can:
- Supply your agency with a “Turnkey” Software solution
- Provide an integrated system for Code Enforcement, GIS, Lien and Collection
- Set-up your custom Collaborator Portal, Public Portal and Request Manager
- Get your agency working from a fully web-based and mobile platform
- Train your team how to operate independently in the MyGov system
If you want to clear the chaos and manage your Code Enforcement Department successfully, you need the right tools. With MyGov’s fully-remote software solution, you will be able to:
- Have an Online Code Enforcement Department Live in One Week
- Receive and Respond to Complaints Online
- Schedule Inspections Online
- Result Inspections Online
- Store Evidence Centrally and Securely Online
- Coordinate Case Management with Colleagues Remotely
- Distribute Abatement Work Orders Online
- Automatically Generate, Store and Secure Documents Online
- Publicly Communicate Case Details with Citizens
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your current situation, don’t wait to implement a solution that can simplify your work. Our MyGov team is standing by ready to help your agency during this unprecedented time. Schedule a demo with our MyGov Sales team, and they will walk through your current situation and develop a plan to manage your unique situation.
Also, make sure you register for our free webinar Thursday, May 14th, at 2 pm Eastern. This webinar will focus on the strategy for “How to Manage Code Enforcement in Every Agency”.